Lunes, Oktubre 24, 2011

super long vacation - manila city tour

The day started with a terrible news. My Mom called me up really early to tell me that she had herself admitted to the hospital. We're still waiting for the results of the  lab tests. 

Anyway, Ate Jette and I left Frisco before lunch. We met up with Ate Queng at the Department of Tourism Office. After their business there, we had lunch at Shakey's. I consumed two pieces of fried chicken and at least four slices of pizza. It rained while we were having lunch. But it's a good thing that the sun showed itself again by the time lunch was over. After saying goodbye to Ate Queng, Ate Jette and I took a cab to Fort Santiago in Intramuros. 

I love that place. I could imagine myself wearing a baro't saya and strolling there. We went inside the Rizal Museum. I was amazed by how many translations Rizal's Mi Ultimo Adios has. The place felt a little bit eery. There were exhibits of Rizal's old clothes, photographs, and other stuff. There was even a chronicle of his life. We went inside a chamber where Rizal was detained before his execution. On the way out, we passed by the old underground prison chambers. it was off limits to the public although Ate Jette said that it was once opened to the public. Even if it was, I wouldn't dare go into the chambers. I have a feeling I'm gonna get goosebumps if I do. 

After walking around Fort Santiago, we went to Manila Cathedral. After a few words with God, we went straight to Manila Zoo. Yey! Animals! I held a Caiman Crocodile, a Burmese Python, a baby monkey that I forgot the breed and lots of exotic colorful birds that I cannot remember the names and I had my pictures taken with them. The elephant broke my heart. She looked so forlorn in her cage eating by herself. I seriously want to go back there and take more pictures. 

After Manila Zoo, we went to Roxas Boulevard and watched the sunset in Manila Bay while having dinner in Dencio's. We stayed there for a while and then we head home, that is after we got stuck on traffic. It was a very long and tiring day but it was so much fun I want to do it all over again. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento