Martes, Hulyo 3, 2012

how I spent the 26th year of my life

This took too long to be written. But I'll write this post anyway. 

I was born on a summer solstice 26 years ago. I just like to mention that one as it was a recent discovery I made this year. *grins* Anyway, this year I just planned on going home to Dumaguete and burrow in my house with my beloved books. But a little bit of emotional blackmail from my friends in Cebu City and poof! there goes my birthday plans. 

Being the procrastinator that I am, I ended up spending the first part of the day reading the books that I just bought the other day. It was already around noon when I took my bath and got dressed. I opted to go for an all-black outfit from my shirt, jeans, boots down to my underwear, which, from where I came from, is hardly classified as something one should wear on her birthday as it is too gothic or dark or something like that. But as I have told my friend, Jeanette, it's my birthday so nobody tells me what I should wear. 

Our admin officer, Sir Leval received a black forest cake the day earlier. It was still untouched so he decided to sort of make it my birthday cake. He also found a used green candle. He simply wrapped the base with tissue paper and stuck it on the cake. My friends, Fatima and Jyx were eating sliced watermelons when I got there. They placed the leftover on a saucer. Fatima bought a sliced of pineapple from the sidewalk fruit vendor. Sir Leval had an empty bottle of Boracay Rum. He wrapped a red ribbon around it's neck and voila! I have my birthday lunch. :D 



The rest of my office mates gave me a really big birthday card where almost everyone who was present in the office that time wrote their birthday greetings.










 I also received a hot pink feathered key chain which I ended up using as a hair accessory. After that quick lunch, I went to the Operations office to check on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. There were a lot of birthday greetings. <Thank you FB for reminding them that it was my birthday. #half-meantjoke> 

After that, Jyx, Fatima, Jeanette and I went to SM City Cebu and spent the entire afternoon playing at the World of Fun. We rode the bump cars, frustrated ourselves over the Pang Pang machine, got on a bike and lose on a virtual race. I tried the drum game and had fun making a fool out of myself. Did I mentioned that I have no musical talent whatsoever and that my hand and eye coordination greatly sucks? We also played basketball and the butterfly garden game which I did not thoroughly enjoy as the machine kept breaking down. The best game which I missed and enjoyed the most was Time Crisis. It was sore on the arms but really, really fun. 



After world of Fun, Jyx had to go back to the office since she left both of her phones and then she had to go attend a family affair. So it was just Fatima, Jeanette and me. We were looking for some place to eat. I was craving for Thai food so I brought them to Royal Krua Thai. But after checking the menu, they decided not to eat there at all since they're not used to the taste of Thai food. I inwardly groaned and mentally rolled by eyes. We ended up eating in Dimsum Break. I did not even finish my food. Sorry, but the steam rice with toppings did not go well with my taste buds. 


While we were eating, we noticed an open stall right across the restaurant that say Tibiao Fish Spa. We decided to check it out after. When we did, we found out that they were offering free fish spa, iced tea and simple massage included, to birthday celebrants plus a 20% discount to the companions. It was a  lucky day. All I had to do is photocopy my identification card with my birth date indicated on it. Thank goodness for National Bookstore's photocopying services, we did not have to go far. 



The fish spa experience was indeed one-of-a-kind. The fish nibbling on my feet was really very ticklish and I can't helped but laugh and swore at the same time. I got used to the nibbling after a while. After more or less 30 minutes, we had a simple massage. After that, we parted ways. 

Later that night, I met up with another friend, Celine Grace who we fondly call Cutie. We had snacks at Macaron Tango Cafe. We were both slightly disappointed because the French chef wasn't there. But the food made up for it. It was heavenly. And really costly. But worth it. 

After that, Cutie and I walked to Bo's Coffee. We had coffee (obviously) and chatted the night away. I tried writing my more-than-a-year-old manuscript. We went home at around 12:30 in the morning. I was kinda pissed because I could not get in even if I had a key to the main door. My board mates double-locked it. Pfft! I ended up killing time in the office. At around 9am, I left for Dumaguete City. 

And that was how my 26th birthday was spent. I know, I still keep chastising myself for not going to church on my birthday. It's already becoming a trend these past years. 

Next post, I'm gonna write something about my birthday thoughts, the experiences, the lessons, and the dreams I had for the past 26 years. It's going to be another "emo" post. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento