Lunes, Hunyo 18, 2012

Unexpected Comfort

Mami Jyx and I went to Camotes Island last week for a Drug Awareness Seminar. It was just a quick trip since we we're planning to go home once the seminar is over. A typhoon was coming and Mami was not feeling well. In fact, she had fever the entire time that we were on the island. I, on the other hand, kept monitoring the weather. Typhoon Guchol, locally known as Butchoy had a gustiness of 100 kph. I can just imagine what that will do to the waves. I was concerned and scared. I love the beach but I don't want to be in any boat in the middle of the sea with a typhoon coming our way. The same goes for Mami.

Fortunately, the odds were on our favor. The trips weren't cancelled yet and the typhoon was still kilometers away, which meant that we could still set sail. However, the wind was already harsher and the waves were already rougher than normal. I was trying not to think how queasy I was feeling when the passengers started yelling excitedly.

From a distance, there were dolphins jumping out of the water. I wasn't able to see them at first. And then when I was just staring out in the open sea, I saw one this one dolphin quickly jumped out and back into the water faster than I could blink. And then there was another riot of yells from the other passengers. This time, the dolphins were really near the boat. I could clearly see them jumping out of the water. It was too bad I was not able to take even a single picture.

While all of these were taking place, I said to myself that seeing the dolphins was the silver lining in that uncomfortable trip. They took my mind off my motion sickness. They were unexpected. And they brought me happiness and comfort. And I realized how petty I was when it comes to things that can make me laugh and smile feel happy about. Hopefully, next time, I get to see some dolphins really close.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento