Miyerkules, Marso 12, 2014

Isang Gabing Madilim

I've never been so frightened in my life. Not even when I thought that Sabel, the resident ghost in our house decided to make her presence known to me by clamping her cold, cold hand on my forearm. Not even when I read or watched a horror movie and I can't sleep after. Not even when I ran after a maniac who was firing his KG9 on full auto to no one in particular. 

During those times, I was nervous, I was pissed. I was scared. But in a nervous and laughing at myself after kinda scared.  

The other night, I felt fear. Bone-deep fear where blood rushed to my head and I suddenly felt cold. 

It was a hot night and since I live alone, I picked up this habit of roaming around my house in nothing but my undies. I was busy sorting my stuff. Suddenly, I heard the leaves rustling outside my window.

I would have dismissed it if only the wind blew. But it didn't. I told myself that it must be my imagination. Right after I told myself that, I heard a whisper. A distinct, raspy whisper from outside my window that sounded like how I'm only in my undies. 

Now, I know how it felt when people say about blood running cold. Did I think of putting on some clothes? Hell, no. I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my gun and my flashlight. 

I peeked outside but did not see anyone. I checked all my doors and windows, peeking outside for any sign of a person. 

Seeing no one, I put on my robe and texted Ate Jette about what happened. And then I heard someone calling out from outside. At first, I thought it was my landlord. But to be sure, I peeked through the window first. 

No, it wasn't my landlord. It was this guy na nakasabay ko sa trike almost a week ago. My first thought was how the hell did he found out where I live? 

He introduced himself as some Congressman's nephew. If I would be kind to lend him twenty pesos for fare. 

I wanted to yell at him if I looked stupid enough to open the door and hand him twenty pesos. I told him that I don't have twenty pesos and can't he just ask from his friends? He even told me not to misunderstood his presence there. 

Why would you knock on a stranger's house and ask her for money? At frickin eleven in the evening? Besides, was it just a concidence that there was someone whispering outside my window earlier and then suddenly he knocked on my door? And he expected me to understand? He's gotta be kidding. 

I updated Ate Jette about what happened and gave me the phone number for the guardhouse. And she invited me to sleep at her place. But already paranoid, I considered the thought that he could still be outside, lurking or something. 

So after placing breakables on all my window sills, a precautionary measure just in case someone tries to break into the house through the windows, I called the guardhose, told them what happened and if they would kindly accompany me to Ate Jette's house. 

When the guard arrived, I narrated what happened and that was when I found out  creepy man's name, thanks to him identifying himself as the congressman's nephew. 

Did it end there? I hoped so. But it didn't. 

Yesterday morning, I walked myself home from Ate Jette's place. I stripped down as I was about to go and take a bath when I heard the same raspy voice outside my bedroom window. I grabbed my gun and tiptoed. My, my, guess who's back. Naked and jerking off. Asshole. This time, I was pissed. Really pissed that I opened the window, aimed the gun at him and yelled that I am going to shoot him. He grabbed his pants, mumbled an apology and quickly left. I'm sorry, my ass. 

I went to the security after and reported him. Apparently, I wasn't the first complainant. He'd been doing that for a while. Security said they'll talk to his parents. Ugh. He's not a kid, demmits. He looked like he's already on his late 20's to early 30's. 

Too bad there's no law in the Philippines against peeping toms and lewd behaviour. I can sue him for trespassing, though. 

So, the lesson of this story. Be paranoid. But I swear if he comes back, I'm gonna make him bleed. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento