Miyerkules, Hunyo 13, 2012

MS Update

I have been trying to finish this novel since 2010. I finished it last year but it was rejected because of the plot. I had the option to revise, which I chose to do so. It's been past a year already and I'm not yet done with the revision. How I want to slap myself right now. Yes, this is my fault. If I really wanted to, I would have found a way to finish writing it, right? Instead, what I did was too much procrastination and way too many excuses. Sheesh! <head-slaps self ala Gibbs>

My original story line was based on my favorite anime couple from the Japanese anime Super Gals, Rei and Aya. The original anime ended with Rei and Aya's relationship hanging and I kinda didn't like it. So I told myself that I'm going to write a continuation of their story, the way I want it to end. I had a few scenarios in my head back then. With that, I thought writing their story would be easy. I was very wrong. It was sooooooo freaking difficult. And my hero and heroine have lives of their own. No, they did not want to be like Rei and Aya when it comes to personalities, especially my hero, Ryder Liam. While Rei was a snob, Ryder Liam, who I fondly call Ryl is a beta-hero. Talk about opposites. Aya and Aiandra on the other hand,  have something in common especially in the earlier parts of their respective stories. They were both crybabies when they were younger. But my Aiandra won't be such an weakling when she gets older. Just the way I want Aya to be. Aya was insecure about herself. She pretends to be someone she's not so she could be with the boy of her dreams. Ugh. But for some reason, I like Aya's character in the series. A shy, insecure girl who was struggling to find herself amid the pressure from her perfectionists parents and and her desire to fit in with her friends. But since Aya was not really the main protagonist in the story, her evolution to becoming a Super Gal was not highlighted that much. I want to do something about it so I ended up with Aiandra who was loosely patterned from Aya Hoshino. But as I have said, Ryl and Aia have other plans for their story. And now, I'm the one who's struggling. And it does not help that I am a lazy bum and I never fail in the "excuses" department. But seriously, I want to finish this before my birthday next week so I guess I have to work my ass off double time. And it starts now. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento