Lunes, Disyembre 31, 2012

Happy and Blessed 2013!!!

Before anything else, let me say one thing first. Goodbye and thank you 2012. I experienced a lot. I learned a lot. There were disappointments, problems, frustrations, failures, tears, and sighs. But 2012 was also filled with laughter, smiles, hope, friendship, love, and fun memories that I will forever cherish.

And now we welcome 2013 with hopes for a better future. Once again, we start working and praying for our respective wish lists to come true before 2013 ends. We have goals; things to possess, places to go, things to do and experience, and many more.

There are some who will get everything they want and need. There are some who will be successful in achieving their goals for 2013. And there are some who are not as lucky or as some people might put it, not as blessed.

As the cliche goes, life is like a wheel. Some times you're up, other times you're down. Not getting what we want dies not mean we're not blessed. We still are. We just don't see these 'blessings' as blessings because they are not what we want.

I admit I am guilty of this. 2012 has been full of really crappy events. Had I been a pathetic and hopeless weakling, I probably have eaten my own gun a long time ago. Thankfully, I have my family, no matter how crazy they drive me, my friends who always have my back and keep on reminding me about how beautiful and fun it is to go on living mo matter what, and people who have it worse than I do. These people, whether I know personally or just some random person I saw in the news, remind me to be thankful for what I have.

I may whine and complain about how difficult my life is and they will keep on reminding me that whatever difficulties I encounter, there are people who are facing greater problems, living in more difficult circumstances.

I may hate my job but there are others who have no jobs at all. My family frustrates me to no end but there are those who have lost their family in tragedies. Except for the typical cough, I am quite healthy and so is my family while there are some who have to spend their holidays in a hospital bed.

I wasn't able to go to Baguio. I did not learn to drive a car. And I failed to finish a novel. I did not get everything on my 2012 goals. But I am still blessed. I did not have what I want. But I got what I need. God always made sure of that even if I am inconsiderate and ungrateful.

So for 2013, I will have one wish. That we all get what we need. And that we realize that the things we want may not be what we need.

Happy 2013, folks!



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento